Loving Touch Doulas is honored to be able to support families in the Phoenix, AZ area during their pregnancies and births with the highest standards and training available. Doula Packages can also include professional photography/films and placenta services.
Rebecca Turrigiano founded Loving Touch Doulas in 2012. Attending the birth of her first grandson is what led her to become certified, having supported a number of friends prior to his birth, she decide to make it “official.”
Over the years, Rebecca has lived in England, Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland and Japan and now is delighted to call Phoenix home. With the unique privilege of being a doula in more than 1 country, she loves working with people of all backgrounds, religious beliefs and birth goals .
Always adding to her professional Doula skill set, she is a former Evidence Based Birth® Instructor, ‘Spinning Babies’ trained, ‘Rebozo’ trained by Gena Kirby, has ‘Acupressure’ training and advanced DONA Doula training in ‘Touch for Birth’ techniques. She is also certified to use a ‘TENS’ machine unit in early labor with the permission of your provider and is an IPPA Certified Placenta Specialist.
Rebecca’s goal is to help you have the best prenatal and birth experience possible regardless of the circumstances, and for you and your husband/partner to feel supported and cared for.
Looking forward to connecting with you!
WHY HIRE A DOULA?
Women supported by a birth doula during labor have been shown to have:
- 50% reduction in cesarean rate
- 25% shorter labor
- 60% reduction in epidural requests
- 40% reduction in pitocin use
- 30% reduction in analgesic use
- 30% reduction in forceps delivery
HOW IS A PARTNERS ROLE AFFECTED BY HIRING A BIRTH DOULA?
Partners supported by a doula should expect:
- a good birth doula to never try to take over your desired role but rather compliment and support you too
- a doula to enhance your birth team so that you are freed up to be as involved as you want to be
- doulas to encourage you to use comfort measures that she has shown you or that you have learned in birth classes and can also step in when you need a break or simply some insight and encouragement
- that rather than take away from your very special and important role, the right doula will allow you to be able to support your wife/partner emotionally and physically during labor and birth but also be able to relax and feel supported yourself